Here are three fun, yet random items about pumpkins in my life:
Fun pumpkin item #1: Recently, I visited Meadowbrook Farm and saw the giant pumpkins that my student, Brandon Huber, is growing. So far, his pumpkins weigh over 500 pounds each! The pumpkins will be entered in a weigh off at Delaware Valley College this weekend. Read more about Brandon's pumpkins here.
| The giant pumpkin twins- over 500 pounds each! |
| Brandon with one of his giant pumpkins |
Fun pumpkin item #2: My roommate, Amy, loves pumpkin pie and her birthday is close to Thanksgiving, so last year, I made her a pumpkin pie/cheesecake. I used Bakerella's recipe from 2009 and it was fabulous! I can't find any of the photos that I took of the pie I made, so here is one from Bakerella. Mine probably wasn't as pretty, but it was soooo yummy and I'm sure I'll make it again this year.
![]() |
| Amazing pumpkin pie/cheesecake from Bakerella (Photo credit: Bakerella) |
This weekend, Amy and I are going to a couple of harvest festivals, so I'm sure pumpkins will be coming home with us. Stay tuned for more blogs about one of my favorite fruits!


the pie looks great
ReplyDelete