Every Superbowl party needs fun snacks! I was searching for recipes and I couldn't pass up these football shaped filbert cookies. I have never made nor even tried filbert cookies, but now that I have, I think I'm in love.
Hazelnut is one of my favorite flavors, and paired with chocolate, it is to die for. I used
this recipe from www.food.com. The recipe calls for a football shaped cookie cutter, which is a little hard to find on short notice. My roommate, Amy, had the great idea to bend a round cookie cutter into a football shape, which worked just fine.
 |
| Roasting hazelnuts which will later be ground |
 |
| Adding ground, roasted hazelnuts to the cookie batter |
 |
| Wrapping cookie dough to chill for an hour |
 |
| Rolling out filbert cookie dough |
 |
| Cutting football cookies using circle shaped cookie cutter that was bent to resemble a football |
 |
| Football filbert cookies on the cooling rack |
 |
| Decorated sandwich cookies, filled and decorated with white chocolate |
 |
| Amy and I decked out for the last Steelers game. We weren't smiling very much last night when they lost, but the food was good! |
I just saw this post from Bakerella about her
Superbowl Sweets. Wowzer, she puts my cookies to shame. I still can't wait to try to make cake pops!
No comments:
Post a Comment