Only a quilter can get excited about a new ironing board! A while ago, I heard about a fabulous invention called a "
Big Board." It is basically an extension of your ironing board. It is wider, longer, and square in shape so it makes ironing yardage of fabric easier. I decided that it looked simple enough, so I wanted to make one for myself. One of the volunteers at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden is a woodworker so I commissioned him to make me a big board that I would cover. I used two layers of a thin poly batting and white muslin. It turned out a little fluffier than I would like, but in all, it looks pretty good and it works great.
 |
| Board before I added the cover (underside) |
 |
| Board, batting, and muslin |
 |
| Fabric stapled onto back of the board |
 |
| Big Board! |
No comments:
Post a Comment