In April, I made
my first home brew and promised a post about bottling day. After a busy spring, I'm just getting back to telling the story about bottling day. Whoops! The second fermentation took about a week and then we bottled the IPA. I was advised to get a fancy bottling tree to dry the bottles after I sanitized them. I'm not sure if this was absolutely necessary, but it made things very easy.
 |
| Washing reused bottles with soapy water before sanitizing them |
 |
| Letting reused bottles dry on the bottle tree after sanitizing |
The beer was siphoned from a glass carboy into a bottling bucket and we used a bottle filler to fill the bottles with beer.
 |
| Siphoning the beer from the carboy into the bottling bucket |
 |
| Using a bottle filler |
A bottle capper was used to secure new caps on the bottles and we let it sit for 2 weeks before we sampled the delicious brew!
 |
| Using a bottle capper |
No comments:
Post a Comment