The
Philly Modern Quilt Guild had another challenge! For "Project Solids", we each received 4 fat quarters of
Kona Cottons. The colors were Snow, Ruby, Holly and Chocolate. The rules were that we could can add up to 1 yard total of additional fabric. This means we could add 1, 2, 3 or however many other fabrics we'd like as long as we didn't go over 1 total yard. Binding and backing are not included as part of the 1 yard.
I had a bunch of holiday fabric that I got last year, but never used. So I thought I would try to do this challenge without buying any new fabric. I wanted to try to
Starry Forest Christmas Tree Skirt by
Tall Grass Prairie Studio.
 |
| Strips laid out for the first tree block |
 |
| Finished top |
 |
| Finished back |
A few members of our quilt guild suggested spray adhesive to baste the layers together, so I decided to try it out. For a small project like this, I LOVED it. It was so quick, held everything together nicely, and didn't gum up my needle at all.
 |
| Folding back half of the batting to apply the spray adhesive |
 |
| Marking quilting lines with painter's tape- another tip from the guild! |
 |
| After the quilting is finished, a 5" hole was cut in the center |
 |
| Finished top! |
 |
| Finished back |
 |
| Tree skirt on our tiny tree |
Your tree skirt is gorgeous! I love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to use the challenge fabric!! It looks great!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your skirt! I wish I'd seen yours before I started mine - the solids are amazingly beautiful with your selections.
ReplyDelete