I completely understand that my level of wonderment and enthusiasm may seem a little dramatic for the good old library and that raving about it raises my geek level significantly, but that is okay by me. I'm a book-a-holic and I kick myself for this every time I have to move... book are heavy and a huge pain to pack up and haul to a new place. So, I think that library can serve as a mini intervention for me.
My book loaning began with a few books about quilting of course. I needed help choosing a pattern for the PMQG Project PURE Challenge and couldn't justify buying 5 new quilting books.
This week, I moved on to the Barefoot Contessa's Back to Basics Cookbook. Being inspired by Ina Garten and also my friend Georgia's Summer Pasta, I roasted tomatoes from my garden in balsamic vinegar and olive oil (along with garlic and onions) and ate them over egg noodles with grilled chicken... yum!
| Tomatoes, garlic, and onions roasted with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. One day I'll finally figure out how to photograph food without making it look weird and shiny |
I also checked out a few books on canning vegetables. My vegetable garden is definitely exploding and my freezer is already full, so I need to move on to plan B! Since I live for activities with a do it yourself/back to basics theme, canning seems like a fabulous new thing to try! I hope to have a canning update soon- stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment